29 April 2008

I'm Baking

Something odd is going on in my kitchen - I'm actually baking stuff. Cookies, actually. I've made chocolate chip, oatmeal chocolate chip, and oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip. And get this, the cookies are pretty good. People like them. I haven't burned a single one either. I've done better making cookies from scratch than pulling them out of a package and sticking them on a cookie sheet.

Here's a list of things I've "baked" in the oven up until a few weeks ago:
  • tater tots (lots of tots)
  • frozen pizza
  • cold pizza (in the box)
  • bagels
  • packaged cookies
  • dirty dishes
And just why am I making cookies, you ask (I know you are)? Pretty much, I'm bored. I really need something better to do at home than watch TV and sit around. I just lost my free membership to the gym and I need something to do. I feel like I'm accomplishing something by doing something simple that I've never done before. And so far, I'm good at it. My place smells great too.

No comments: