05 January 2007

3 Doors Down

I love my car. I really do. It's a 92 Corolla with 206,000 miles on it. There's no washer fluid tank, the stereo sucks, the vinyl on the ceiling has either been ripped out or fallen out, and the door to the gascap was punched out (by me) when it wouldn't open. To make it even better, when I got the car 6 years ago, the rear right passenger door just didn't open. The previous owner didn't know why, but it just didn't work. No problem. A couple years ago, a youth (or yout) accidentally broke off the door handle to the rear left passenger door. Still, no problem. I just open the front door and reach around to open the door from the inside.

Well, last night a new chapter in the history of my car started. The handle on the driver's door finally broke off. I could feel it getting loose over the last few months. So, I've been very gentle with it, trying not to break it. But despite my efforts, the stupid thing just broke off yesterday. Its now an official problem. I only have one door I can open from the outside now. In order to get in, I have to open the front passenger door and reach over to open the driver's door, walk around the car and get in. I need a new car. Maybe. It still runs great. I just can't get in...

No comments: