15 August 2007

Fantasy Football

Among the many accomplishments in my life, I list "fantasy football commissioner" as one of the most honorable things I've ever done. I've tried putting it on a resume or two, but decided against it. I don't think my future employers would "get it". So, last night was our league's 3rd annual inaugural draft night. What a blast. Your adrenaline is pumping with all the excitement and anticipation of who you will get in the draft. You're competing with 9 other teams to select the best team overall. Not that it matters much anyway. You'll probably end up dropping half your team by the 2nd week due to injury or just plain lameness.

I'm very pleased with my selections. I would like to thank Damon Gibbs for selecting Peyton Manning with the first pick overall, leaving me to gobble up Ladanian Tomlinson with the second pick. I also picked up Drew Brees (QB) and Marvin Harrison (WR). I've named my team the Spider Pigs in honor of the Simpsons, of course.

No comments: