09 July 2007

Why I Hate Paintball

Man, do I hate playing paintball. But its been a Youth for Christ "tradition" for 3 years. Part of this tradition is getting lost on the way there. Every time. I did it again this year too. So, besides getting lost every year, why do I hate paintball?

1. It's always hot. And I'm wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt. Oh, and a plastic mask over my head.

2. I can't see anything out of the scratched up rental mask plastic visor. This makes me nervous. It also gets fogged up alot.

3. I hate running around the woods while hiding from people who are trying to shoot me. I'm too scared to look around and I'm out of shape.

4. I have horrible aim.

5. I don't know what I'm doing. Real paintball players have strategy and such. I do not. They shoot me first.

6. I don't like getting shot.

7. Getting hit by paintballs really hurts (see #6). And it scares the crap out of me. The plus side is that I get to walk off the field, take off my mask, sit down and relax for a few minutes, laughing at everyone else.

No comments: