30 July 2007

The Simpsons Movie...Finally


After all the hype, all the promotions, all the advertising, and all my posts about this movie, it finally arrived last Friday. It actually arrived for me at 12.01 AM Friday morning. Admittedly, I was skeptical. As a devout fan of The Simpsons, I have been acutely aware of the apparent decline of the series the last few years. So when I heard about the movie, I hoped and wondered if it would be worth seeing. I was not disappointed at all.

I was very surprised and delighted to find the movie interesting, funny and exciting to watch. I wasn't only interested in the humor, I was also interested in the storyline. That usually doesn't happen for me in an episode. The animation was great too. I expect this movie to get the Oscar for animated film. Or maybe the People's Choice Awards. Or the Golden Globe. Anyway, I'll get it on DVD. If you haven't seen it already, go to it. Enjoy.

No comments: